Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cover Letter

Mr. David S. Moross

Our 365 Inc.

3613 Mueller Road

St. Charles, MO 63301

____________________________

Manager of Hiring

Our 365: Methodist Dallas Medical Center

1441 North Beckley

Dallas, TX 75201

Dear Mr. Moross,

There are many key moments in life, but none quite as important as the birth of a new child. This is a moment that families want to cherish forever. The first time the baby opens his eyes, the tiny hand wrapping tightly around the father's finger, and the reactions of Grandma as she holds her first grandchild. In this day and age, any person can pick up a camera and snap the shutter. However, it takes a true photographer's eye to capture this joyous moment for all that it is.

I view the world as if through a lens, constantly critiquing the lighting and compositions of possible shots. I have been studying photography for over seven years now, and have done many photo-shoots of infants. Please take note of my portfolio that is posted after my resume. My portfolio includes many shots of infants, as well as children ranging from 3 months old to 5 years old.

I have the experience and talent that Our 365 is looking for. Having worked in several different customer service positions, including being a teacher’s assistant and snowboard instructor, I have extremely good interpersonal skills.

I am comfortable with newborns, and have the ability to make the mother and family feel at ease in front of the camera. My first job, like many young girls, was babysitting, and this has given me the experience I need to be comfortable working with infants.

I have worked with many different people during my photo-shoots, and have made each person feel comfortable. I have worked with over thirty different people of varying ages, and several with whom I had only met over the phone. By working with people who I hadn’t met, I have learned how to make people feel comfortable both with myself and with my camera. I feel that I would be the perfect person for this job, with the experience, talent, and creativity that you need.

Vanessa Lowe

Las Cruces, NM 88001

vlowe363@nmsu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment